The successful candidate will work independently and with other plant personnel to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. He/she will trouble shoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. Selected candidates will also be involved with equipment installations and facility maintenance. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide support to the manufacturing processes by repairing industrial equipment including electrical components, motors, pumps, hydraulic systems, compressors, chillers and boilers.
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks to ensure proper functioning of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze electrical/mechanical schematics, block diagrams, and flow charts.
- Possess basic knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Possess electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting skills.
- Must be computer literate and understand PLC principles
- Industrial welding experience a plus
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of HAZMAT, MSDS, EPA, and OSHA requirements
- Good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with production staff
- Ability to read, write and understand sufficient English to read machinery controls, load types, temperature, time, etc.
- Must be multi-talented, extremely flexible in work assignments
- Willingness to integrate into a closely knit team
- Self Motivated
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Five (5) years maintenance experience in manufacturing environment
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze electrical/mechanical schematics, block diagrams, and flow charts
- Basic knowledge and troubleshooting skills of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Ability to identify and diagnose problems and implement corrective action
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office applications and other computer programs
- Knowledge of composites and plastics
- Knowledge of company safety, OSHA and department policies and procedures including Lock Out Tag Out
- Good applied interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to read and comprehend basic English and perform basic math functions including reading a tape measure
- Ability to be self-motivated
- Ability to work from heights (Ladders, Aerial Lifts, Roofs, etc)
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- See Physical Requirements and Working Conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management maintains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.